Warm & earthy like your favorite cup of tea
Majestic Climb is a muted pinky-coral speckled with shades of yellow, pink, purple and orange. 100 grams of rustic, yet soft and bouncy wool yarn grown and milled in Wyoming.
Dyed with natural materials both ethically sourced and grown in my Central Oregon garden. The main color comes from quebracho. Quebracho is an Argentine hardwood that has a vast array of uses varying from dyeing fibers to wine making applications to firing the legendary Argentine barbeque.
Yarn wrap features plantable wildflower seed paper so that you can enjoy even more of nature’s beauty!
- 100 grams/~446 yards
- 100% U.S. Cormo wool
- Non-superwash 2-ply yarn
- Subtle tonal colors naturally created by the dye
- Speckled with yellow, pink, purple and hints of orange
- Knitting gauge: 27-32 stitches per 4 inches; suggested needle size: US 1-3/2.25-3.25 mm
- Crochet gauge: 21-32 sc per 4 inches; suggested hook size: US B-1 to E-4/2.25-3.5 mm
- $1 of every skein purchased is donated to the animal rescue Harmony Farm Sanctuary located in Sisters, Oregon
- $1 of every skein purchased is donated to onetreeplanted.org
You can conquer a tough climb, or, eh, a project challenge with this uniquely colored yarn. Support local ranchers and a woman-owned fiber mill to keep our small communities thriving. Create on-trend projects while using dyes that are the gentlest on our environment by keeping our water sources clean. Recommended for gorgeous shawls, hats, sweaters and just about any project your heart desires. Creating with this yarn will connect you so deeply to the sheep it will almost feel like you have one of your own!
This yarn is farm-fresh. It arrives full of vegetation leftover from the sheep’s shenanigans out in their field. I pick out as much as I can by hand, but there will likely be some leftover bits that I’ve missed. Just consider these extra love from the sheep! Baaaa…
***Hand wash cool***
Great care was taken to ensure dye was set properly. However, it is normal for natural dye matter to continue to rinse for the first few washes.
***Please order enough for your entire project as dye lots do vary***
Contact me if you need a larger quantity than what’s listed as available.